The first mass since a forced closure at OLGC by former Archbishop Alfred Hughes will be celebrated with Archbishop Almond and Monsignor Christopher Nalty in the church on January 2, 2016, 5:30 p.m.
Composers included will be Adolphe Adam, Jehan Alain, St Alphonsus, Gregory Hamilton, Calvin Hampton, Nicola A. Montani, and Daniel Pinkham.
The beautiful Church of Our Lady of Good Counsel was dedicated in 1894, and is regarded as the "most precious jewel in the crown known as the Garden District." The church is now part of Good Shepherd Parish, which comprises, as well, St. Stephen Church and the Church of St Henry.
There will be no charge for admission, though a free-will donation will be accepted. For further information, please telephone (504)227-3793.