CITY OF NEW ORLEANS
CITY HALL: July 7, 2022
CALENDAR NO. 33,808
NO. _________________ MAYOR COUNCIL SERIES
BY: COUNCILMEMBERS GREEN, KING AND THOMAS (BY REQUEST)
AN ORDINANCE to amend and reordain Section 147-2 of the Code of the City of New Orleans regulations pertaining to the City’s use of surveillance technology; and otherwise to provide with respect thereto.
SECTION 1. THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS HEREBY ORDAINS, That Section 147-2 of the Code of the City of New Orleans is hereby amended and reordained to read as follows:
“Chapter 147 - Surveillance Technology and Data Protection
Section 147-2. – Prohibited Surveillance Technology.
(2) First degree murder.
(3) Second degree murder.
(5) Aggravated battery.
(6) Second degree battery.
(7) Aggravated assault.
(8) Aggravated or first degree rape.
(9) Forcible or second degree rape.
(10) Simple or third degree rape.
(11) Sexual battery.
(12) Second degree sexual battery.
(13) Aggravated kidnapping.
(14) Second degree kidnapping.
(15) Simple kidnapping.
(16) Aggravated arson.
(17) Aggravated criminal damage to property.
(18) Aggravated burglary.
(19) Armed robbery.
(20) First degree robbery.
(21) Simple robbery.
(22) False imprisonment; offender armed with dangerous weapon.
(23) Assault by drive-by shooting.
(24) Aggravated crime against nature.
(27) Aggravated second degree battery.
(28) Aggravated assault upon a peace officer.
(29) Aggravated assault with a firearm.
(30) Armed robbery; use of firearm; additional penalty.
(31) Second degree robbery.
(32) Disarming of a peace officer.
(34) Second degree cruelty to juveniles.
(35) Aggravated flight from an officer.
(36) Battery of a police officer.
(37) Trafficking of children for sexual purposes.
(38) Human trafficking.
(39) Home invasion.
PRESIDENT OF THE COUNCIL
DELIVERED TO THE MAYOR ON ____________________
RETURNED BY THE MAYOR ON ____________________ AT ____________________
CLERK OF COUNCIL
ROLL CALL VOTE:
Leave a Reply.